Interest in Gamification & ESL/EFL seems to be increasing. I decided to rejoin the Coursera Gamification MOOC (I took the course last year and thoroughly enjoyed it) to see what has changed and also to dip into the forums, and sure enough I found a TESOL Study Group forum set up specially for those interested in Gamification and TESOL.
From there, I found a link to a Gamification in TESOL Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Gamification.in.TESOL/), which currently has 57 members and which was set up by two TESOL professionals based in Japan after presentations at KOTESOL and JALT.
They now have a website, http://pfeiferlearning.com/learning/gamification-for-tesol/ which has links to a number of articles and resources on gamification, including:-
- Who wants to be a CEO? (gamification project)
- Level up your language teaching
- Evaluating digital games with LOGA
- Linking game design with learning objectives
- Evaluating E-learning and other digital tools
- Language learning, pedagogy and computer game architecture
Of all the blog posts on the website so far, the one that outline’s the couple’s e-learning manifesto is the most interesting one.